Tuesday, August 04, 2009

SusExp 2009 Day -1: Stirling to Barra

The first day of holidays! After packing all the gear the night before, tidying the flat, and failing in my last attempt to try and use the online web editing software, I set off on the bus at 9.20. Nobody wants to hear about a bus journey. 2.5 hours later I arrived in Oban. It was my first time on the mainland west coast in a while so that was nice. I popped into Outside edge to pick up a few things – they have kindly given us sponsorship in the form of a discount, so stocked up: 10m tow line; cow’s tail with karabiner at both ends; and some glow sticks. Got wireless internet while waiting in the Cal Mac office, so sent a few e-mails, had a wee snooze, and jumped on the ferry. The ferry journey passed quickly, bumping into one or two people I hadn’t seen in a while, and eating the world renowned Cal Mac macaroni and cheese – mmm mmm. So…5 hours and 20ish minutes I arrived in Barrabados where my ma was waiting.

It was good to be back home. There was a festival on, the Barrafest that I knew loads of old friends would be at, so I was kind of sad to be missing that, but there was just too much to do tomorrow. It’s always nice to arrive home. Anyway, I’m writing this blog for you to read about sustainable expeditions, not my personal life, so I’ll move on.

P.S. Due to technical logisitics issues, I'll need to wait till the end of the trip before uploading photos. I'm sure there'll be a few good ones so please check back - thanks!

No comments: